April 2020 – April 2021
Key Objective 1 – To ensure teaching and learning enables recall and retrieval of learning
· To develop the teacher’s understanding of cognitive load and how memories are formed and strengthened.
· To embed recall and retrieval practise in teaching
Key Objective 2 – To improve maths teaching and learning
· To develop and establish maths teaching expectations
Key Objective 3 –To ensure that the curriculum is right for our school community
· To ensure that the curriculum for the first half term is appropriate for the needs of children post lockdown
· To ensure children play a role in developing the curriculum.
· To ensure there is a clear coherent rationale for teaching the curriculum that is made clear to children.
· To ensure the curriculum is representative of the children in our community
· To ensure our curriculum is distinctively Christian and that school values are an explicit and integral part of our curriculum
· To ensure that all teachers have a clear understanding of the contribution that their year group makes to the development of skills in art, history, geography, science and DT.
· To ensure teachers develop PSHE and RSE routinely, confidently and capably.
Key Objective 4 – To have support in place for ensuring the mental health and wellbeing of staff and children.
· To have a mental health policy in place that reflects procedures and protocols established in school.
· Raise staff awareness of mental health concerns and what to do in the event of becoming aware of a mental health issue in themselves or others.
Key Objective 5 – To ensure the governing body is efficient and effective
· Governors to work effectively and efficiently
· Governors to have a good knowledge of school processes to be able to hold the school and support the school effectively in the event of inspection.
Key Objective 6 – To improve the digital literacy of the whole school community
· For staff to become familiar with the health wellbeing and lifestyle aspects of Education for a connected world.
· For staff to become familiar with the privacy and security, and copyright and ownership aspects of Education for a connected world.
· For staff to become familiar with the online bullying and online relationships aspects of Education for a connected world.
Key objective 7 – to ensure that children are confident users of technology to support and aid their learning
· To develop the use of Google Drive and Google classroom to ensure children are confident users of technology to
Key Objective 8 – To ensure effective home school communication.
· To manage parent expectations about home school communication.
This is a summary of the School Improvement Plan for the year April 2020 to April 2021. A full detailed version is available on request from the school office.